Saturday, October 20, 2007

Jeff with a Beard for Halloween

It starts out as laziness...for about 4 or 5 days I don't shave, it's fairly typical for me much to the dismay of some family members. If I go much longer than that, I start to get annoyed and this time would be no different. I got up a few minutes earlier picked up my Mach III Turbo battery powered razor...my can of shaving cream...and that's when it happened. My can of shaving cream exploded. It wasn't a fiery explosion, but the cap popped off and shaving cream spewed from the nozzle. I suppose I could have used that shaving cream, but like I said...I only had a few extra minutes, and it took that long to clean up the mess. So there I was...5, 6, 7, 8 days worth of growth. By the time I went to the store to pick up shaving cream, it was about 10 days of growth and almost Halloween, so I thought to myself...I've never had a beard...let's see what it looks like...I can be "Jeff with a Beard" for Halloween. That's my costume.

So now it's about 3-4 weeks of growth later and I don't particularly care for it, but I've only got another week to go...it's the cheapest costume EVER and it saves me time in the morning. Can't beat that for convenience.

5 comments:

Mr Darcy said...

It is a truth universally acknowledged, that every man looks better with a beard.

I see no reason to make an exception in this case.

Anonymous said...

I never realized just how much gray you had in your beard until now. HA! HA!

Anonymous said...

My only complaint is that it's scratchy... :-)

Anonymous said...

I've always been a fan of the 5 o'clock (or 2-day)shadow!

Anonymous said...

Grizzly Adams?