Monday, November 12, 2007

TELEVISION: Dexter (2006) - Seriously, He's a Good Guy Serial Killer!

You know a show is good when you're willing to stay up until 3am to watch the final 4 episodes of the first season. I haven't done this since Season 1 of The Sopranos, when it was still a quality series. But this isn't about The Sopranos, it's about Dexter...the best new premium cable show which happens to have its first season available on DVD and iTunes RIGHT NOW and you should get it.

The title character, Dexter Morgan is a good guy...except that he kills people when he's not working as a forensics detective (in particular, a blood expert)for the police department. When I first started watching, I was wondering how they would make Dexter likeable. Then I learned that he only kills people when there's proof that they've committed a horrible crime and they've gotten away with it. It's a sickness that needs to be fed and Dexter feeds it in the most acceptible way possible by following the "Code of Harry"...the teachings of his adoptive father who was a good cop (as far as we know). Dexter is cool about everything he does until it comes to his personal relationships when he becomes socially awkward.

My explaination of this show does not do it justice...Dexter is one of the best shows on TV and you should be watching it!

No comments: