Spring is here and that means grillin' time. I uncovered my grill for the first time in 2008...I was going to make some BBQ pork sandwiches. I thought I cleaned this thing before I closed it up for the winter. I guess I was lazy. Oh wait...I had my gallbladder removed and didn't get to winterize ANYTHING before it snowed. Anyway...it took a few minutes to light the fire and for all the winter crap to burn off. The pork sirloin chops cooked up nice and evenly as usual.

And that's when I realized...right around the end of cooking time, that the fire had gone out. I've been wondering when I would run out of gas in that tank. It's the original tank I bought two summers ago when I bought the grill. So I transferred the pork that was cooked JUST ENOUGH to be completely cook, into a frying pan. Out of the fire and into the frying pan. Bad joke.

So there it was...in the frying pan with some BBQ sauce...simmering away until it was time to eat. I cut open a poofy roll...filled it with the yummy pork covered in BBQ...and enjoyed! You know you want some!

No comments:
Post a Comment