The baby is not due until June, but we're only 14 days away from finding out if we're having a boy or a girl. Two weeks left before the great reveal...probably one of the biggest surprises I'll ever have. The big question on everyone's mind...do I want a boy or a girl? Most people are guessing girl at this point, but Katharine and I don't even have a guess.

I know that everyone says that they don't care as long as the baby is healthy, and I agree with that. I honestly don't have a preference. It seems that most guys want boys so they have a son to do boy stuff with. It also seems that most girls seem to want girls so they have a daughter to buy girly stuff for. We already know that we're not having twins (unless one is hiding) so it's going to be one or the other. We have a boy's name locked in already...we're not sharing quite yet. We're down to 3 girl's names at this point...having trouble settling on the one that sounds the best. If we really get stuck on the girl name and we find out we need it, we might put it out there at some point for opinions so we can blame other people if she grows up hating her name.
We haven't bought a lot of stuff yet because we're waiting for the pink or blue question to be answered first. After that mystery is settled, we're off to the store to figure out all of the baby stuff we'll need to get by. And then it's all the other planning...building the baby's room, figuring out schedules, daycare, and college. I'd say that I'm getting used to getting little sleep, but I've ALWAYS gotten little sleep...since I was a teenager. There's so much to do in a day...you can use all of the awake time you can get. That reminds me...there are about 100 things I should be doing right now, so I better get to it.
1 comment:
My offer still stands. $100 to name your baby Hope. $150 if it's a boy. ;)
Post a Comment