Sunday, December 18, 2005

It's My Party...Eh...Her Party

Last night we attended Katharine's holiday party and fun was had by all. Before we left...Katharine and I had a conversation about her shoes...should she, or shouldn't she wear three inch heals? Besides the fact that I thought it might dwarf me (not that there's anything wrong with dwarfs) ...and I thought people would only think of Tom and Katie when they saw us standing next to each other...she went with the three inch heals. They were the only shoes that made sense with the dress to be fair and really...it wasn't about me...

The result of that decision:

It's cold...it's well after midnight and we're walking down a sidewalk that wasn't exactly clean, yet free of debris in the middle of Boston...somewhere between the Boston Public Library and the Prudential Tower (if you happen to know the area) ...and off came the shoes with 2 blocks left to go!

Katharine - The Rebuttal:

Okay, let's be fair here. The shoes are damn cute, and I had rationalized that since it was a *wedge* heel, that 3 inches would be just dandy. See how fabulous they are? But after 4+ hours of mingling, drinking, and dancing... I was in serious pain. I would have cheerfully cut off my feet at the ankles. Since that had bad long-term consequences, and Jeff wasn't jumping for joy at that thought of giving me a piggyback ride... the shoes came off. No harm, no foul! And I still think they were really darling shoes! I'll probably wear them again! :-)

1 comment:

Heide said...

Don't expect a straight man to understand the power of the perfect shoes.