Monday, January 30, 2006

Absolutely no attention span

By Katharine

Since it's been a slow afternoon here, I was re-reading some of Jeff's previous blog entries and I'm struck by the number of times my attention span, or lack thereof, has come up. For example, my father mentions in a comment that I used to put together large, 3 ring binders filled with notes, pictures, stories, etc.. of metal bands I liked. All alphabetized for easy access. And he's right when he says that if I put a tenth of that effort into my school work, I would have graduated with some sort of cum laude... BUT, I had absolutely *no* interest in schoolwork and would spend my days in some sort of fog. Writing notes to friends, writing notes to my boyfriend/fiance/whatever he was at the time... I would also write long "romantic predictions" for my friends featuring whatever boy/actor/celebrity they had a crush on that week. Now THAT was interesting. So here's the question... since I wasn't exactly good in school... how the heck am I going to tell any potential/maybe someday/we're not really sure we want any children that THEY should pay attention in school???? I mean.. kind of hypocritical of me don't you think? Maybe that's the area where Jeff should step in and parent?? ;-)

2 comments:

Crankipantz said...

Because I was SO interested in school...I should be the parent in charge of education (should I ever be a parent, that is)? Sure, why not. It'll be mandatory homework time whenever Dad (that would be me in this example) wants to play XBOX games and watch DVDs. What's wrong with that?

Crankipantz said...

Still amused that I'm supposed to be the "responsible" parent.