Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Get Them Excited So They Don't Notice We're Screwing Them

That's right...that should be the motto of the US Postal Service who just announced the 30th Anniversary commemorative Star Wars Stamps. I thought Elvis stamps were cool, and then SuperHero stamps were cooler, but this is even WAY cooler than either of those.

Did you see that? Don't blink...you might miss it. You think this is a cool announcement too, but did you notice what I noticed? Maybe you already knew. Maybe I don't pay enough attention to the news. That stamp has a 41 on it where the 39 should be. Apparently on May 14, 2007, the price of stamps is going up to 41 cents! Is that the cost of getting into bed with George Lucas or the actual cost of mailing a letter? I know what I think...how about you? Did any of you know about the increase?

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Would it matter if we did? But hey, someone has to pay for the clerks to be on break when you go get in line at the post office.

Anonymous said...

I want C3PO and R2!!!!!!! And Luke too.. god I loved Luke. Had a HUGE crush on him when I was like 12.
;-)

Heide said...

Delivering mail ain't like dustin' crops boy!

I could buy my own ship for the price of those stamps! Yeah, but who would you get to fly it?

We're doomed, doomed I say! We'll be turned into scrap for sure by these postal employees.


Let's lick this stamp and head on home.

Crankipantz said...

HAHA! OK, that was funny. I don't care if anyone else laughed...I did. But I'm a big Star Wars geek too.

:-)

Anonymous said...

I'm afraid to buy the Star Wars stamps because if my kids get their hands on them, they will mysteriously get stuck to bunk beds and the sides of their dressers...
Kristen