I want to tell you about it, I just can't because my voice is gone. Gone, gone, gone. As in, I can't talk. I know...some of you see that as a good thing, but it makes me a sad panda. Beware, this is a long story.
Last night, I went out with an old friend. I've known Bob since we both left Boston for Basic Training 15 years ago, when I was young and Bob was younger (but not by much). So here's how people change over 15 years...and I remnind you that we did our best to duplicate the pose from memory even though the picture was 10 feet away on my computer.

Let's note the obvious differences...we're much better looking now. We're 15 years older in the second one. Neither one of us has shell necklaces on in 2007...how come nobody told us to take those off in 1992? We're much better singers now, as we learned at last night's Karaoke at the Hong Kong at Fanuiel Hall. Our versions of
"Taking Care of Business",
"Twist and Shout", and Bob's special
"Just a Gigolo" were met with thunderous appluase...or a least a pat on the back or two from some drunk people. Speaking of drunk people...we were both TRASHED in the first picture and as you can see in the most recent one; Bob is holding Ginger Ale.
We stayed out pretty late...had a lot of reminiscing to do until 445am. And I wonder why I can't speak this morning...lots of loud singing...late night chatting...but I think we had a fantastic time.
Here's to old friends!
4 comments:
How good to see the pictures of the two of you! I can't believe how fast time flies. I look like a granny next to you two whipper snappers! I need to sort through my emails and find Bob's email address and write to him. He sent me a letter sometime back and with work, etc. I've just forgotten to write back... and the times that I think to do it are usually when I'm out and about away from home. Doh! I would have gladly paid to watch the karaoke show. Did Catharine go too or was she home hiding her head in shame?
See that Bob...we already have a comment from another old friend. And I'm not using old as an age describing term here regardless of Heide's "granny" comment. I've seen recent pictures and she still looks like she did the same 15 years ago, when we all first met.
Yeah, you definitely missed out on some great singing action...Bob played the room like a lounge singer. This guy is like a professional entertainer now...I just stand up there and sing. Katharine did not go with us this time, but she might not be able to stay away from the likes of such talent next time we go out!
I'll send you Bob's email address offline so all the girls don't flood his email with shout outs!
You look HOT with that open shirt and pookah shell necklace. Oh YEAH baby!! I'm going to have to buy you two some new shell necklaces for you guys to wear the next time you go out!!!!
I think Bob still has his pookah shell necklace.
:-)
Ron! I think we DO need to catch up soon. I'll call you this week.
Post a Comment