Monday, August 11, 2008

Caeser Salad with Buffalo Chicken is Apparently Not OK

Maybe you already knew this...maybe everyone in the world but me knows this, but apparently you never mix buffalo chicken with a Caeser salad. You might be saying to yourself, "what brings this up?" Well, I'll tell you. I decided that I would eat a little lighter tonight...I would order a salad on my way home because making a salad at home when you get home at 7pm is a pain in the ass. So Katharine called up our neighborhood roast beef place and ordered off of their menu: A Buffalo Chicken Caeser Salad...right off the menu.

When I arrived to pick up this menu oddity, the people at the counter read me the order...part of that order was Buffalo Chicken over Tossed. Uhm...wait. It's supposed to be a Buffalo Chicken over Caeser. They all paused and stared at me. Oh. Yeah? Caeser? With Buffalo Chicken? Do you want bleu cheese dressing? No...it's a Caeser salad...doesn't that tell you what kind of dressing I want? Really? You want Buffalo Chicken with Caeser dressing.

Was I missing something? I mean, it's on the f*cking menu! Maybe nobody has ever ordered it before, but there it is in black and white on the menu. So I'm a freak, and I want Buffalo Chicken with Caeser dressing! Give me what I ordered!

And then of course, I started to doubt myself...was this a bad decision? They whipped up a Caeser salad and handed over all the food. I thought about it all the way home. I complained to Katharine over the phone about how I felt like I was on some hidden camera show. And then I went home...opened the tossed salad with Buffalo Chicken...poured on the bleu cheese...and ate that one. Hmmm...WTF.

1 comment:

Katharine said...

I feel bad - like I may have messed up when ordering, but he *did* eat the buffalo chicken with tossed salad, and liked it. So maybe it was just meant to be! PLUS he has an extra salad for lunch tomorrow. I call this a win win situation.