I couldn't believe my eyes when I walked into the Shaws Supermarket near my house and saw this abomination of nature sitting in the produce section

I know it looks like a typical package of apples at first glance, but if you didn't notice the problem...take a closer look. What looks like a package of apples is actually a package of GR
APPLES. That's pronounced "gray" + "pell" for those that didn't see the little symbol above the A on the package. It's true...this is an apple that tastes like a grape. Tastes like a GRAPE. Why would anyone want this? If I want something that tastes like a grape...I'll eat grapes! If I buy something that looks like an apple, I expect it to taste like one. Never, have I gone into a store and said, "Gee...I think I feel like eating something with the flavor of grapes. Maybe I'll buy an apple".
Whose Idea was this? Was there some mad scientist with nothing to do...decided that building Frankenstein might be a bad idea and said to himself, "Self - I think you should f*ck with nature and create fruit that tastes like something it's not". Seriously, I think someone was bored. And if you're the guy (or girl) that invented this monstrosity...this isn't personal. I didn't even try the GRAPPLE...it could be delicious and I wish you all the best on selling your product. Maybe this writing has given it just the attention it needed to make someone curious enough to taste it. And if you do...I want to know what happens!
1 comment:
I have tried these years ago...they are AWESOME!
I buy them every once in a while for a different taste...and grapes can be really expensive this time of the year
Post a Comment