Thursday, January 15, 2009

Commentary on the Bathroom Vending Machine at the Purple Shamrock

Going where no other news correspondent dares to go...I must discuss with you the vending machine I discovered in the Men's bathroom at the Purple Shamrock in Boston. Now it's not the first time I've seen such a vending machine, but I don't typically have a camera with me and this time I did. This is the ONLY picture I took in said restroom.

So here it is. Let's discuss the variety of items here and how I imagine that the bar hopes they all go together.

Tic Tacs. Obviously...nobody wants to have bad breath when you're chatting someone up in a bar. That makes sense, right? I don't get the need for two different selections of the same flavor, but perhaps they couldn't think of a fourth item that went with the other three.

Condoms. Another obvious one...after you've chatted up that newfound focus of your attention and you're all drunk enough, you'll want to take them home. Sometimes you'll be sober and want to take them home too, but whatever...the story isn't fun that way.

Tylenol. And not just ANY Tylenol, but EXTRA STRENGTH. This one is strategic. You've taken your Tic Tacs, convinced someone somehow that the condom you've pulled from a vending machine for a dollar is safe to use, and at that last minute...they have a headache. {POP}...there's no need to fear TYLENOL is here! And not just ANY Tylenol, but EXTRA STRENGTH Tylenol.

And there you have it. I wonder if they have similar vending machines in the Women's room. Maybe someone that has been in there will write a commentary on that.

No comments: