Anyone that thinks the job of IT management is
glamorous, wasn't with me the other day when I found myself spelunking around in the attic area above one of the largest campus auditoriums. But I'm getting ahead of myself.
Part of my job deals with maintaining AV systems in technology classrooms and working with such vendors to install new equipment. There was a problem in this particular auditorium and we were trying to get some work done in short time. To know if this was possible, we needed to investigate the "crawl space" above said auditorium. Getting there was an adventure. It started with a climb up this ladder. Shouldn't I be wearing a safety harness?

This was only the first part of the obstacle course. The second part of the challenge required me to whack my head on a steel beam in one of the musty passageways. THUMP! This is a recreation of the actual whacking of the head.

It's true...I asked someone to take pictures simply so I could post them here. So along I walked with a small group of people...feeling like we we were in the type of space you would see in a Saw movie, and nobody was more surprised than me to open the next particular door and find myself outside on the rooftop...the day after a major snowstorm!

I don't know if you know me or not, but I'm not a particular fan of heights, and you don't get much higher than a building rooftop...again, without safety gear. Sure I'm exaggerating this a bit, but what's a blog post without slight exaggeration,
hmmm?
No comments:
Post a Comment