Sunday, March 15, 2009

Painting the Baby's Room

The only thing harder than trying to name a baby boy (which we've already done) is to figure out how you want to decorate his nursery. Yeah, I'm one of those husbands that wants a vote. So last week I bought some paint...I bought a quart because I'm also one of those people that doesn't think you can tell what a paint color looks like in a 2'x2' square. So I bought this dark green paint. And then Katharine and I went to Babies R Us and figured out that we were going to go with a jungle theme...and that the dark green paint might be a bit too dark. It totally would have gone with the furniture we picked out, which looks like this:

But it wouldn't have gone as well with the wall decals, and decorations we've chosen, which look something like this:

We kind of felt like that was going to make for a dark room so we started looking at lighter and brighter paints. Afterall...he's a baby and he's going to like bright colors. So I went back to the paint store today and bought another quart of paint...another "test" color, and I slapped that on the wall today. It's hard to tell from this picture because it doesn't look exactly like this on the wall and dry (it actually looks more yellow in the picture, but it's not). This is the green we're going with.

I'm totally standing on a ladder here...I'm not a giant.

Hopefully it'll all go together well enought. And maybe we'll use the dark green for something...you never know.

No comments: