What was the first 3D movie you saw? The first 3D movie I ever saw was a Channel 56
Creature Double Feature movie...back when channel 56 was a UHF station...back when they actually had UHF stations, before there was a Boston WB56. I can't remember the name of the movie I saw back then, but it was one of those blue, red, and gray movies...you had to wear those red and blue glasses or you couldn't watch it.

Today, I went to see
Superman Returns on the IMAX 3D screen. 3D has really changed since the red and blue days. If you haven't been to the new 3D IMAX theaters...you should go! They have new and improved glasses that aren't made of paper...they don't have colors anymore. The glasses are sturdy and reusable...they're almost shaded...and they make you look like a giant bug when you wear them as opposed to the dork you used to look like.

The 3D is amazing...you can reach out and touch objects off the screen! The latest full 3D movie I saw was Sharks 3D...the sharks swim by right under your nose...I caught myself looking into the mouth of a shark or admiring the detailed markings of the fins.
Superman Returns was well done by the way...although it only had about 15 minutes of 3D...it tied in well with the other two movies. That's right...I refuse to acknowledge Superman III and IV and apparenlty so did the creators of this new movie which picks up after Superman II.
1 comment:
I think the first 3-D movie I saw was an Elvira movie that was on good ol' channel 56 (you got the glasses from a cereal box or something)... My dad's a HUGE Elvira fan! ;-)
Post a Comment