Saturday, June 24, 2006

Why is it That We Enjoy Brutal Scary Movies?

Do you like scary movies? No, this isn't the beginning of Scream...Katharine and I just finished watching the remake of Wes Craven's The Hills Have Eyes and we're wondering a few things.

(1) Why do we like movies like this? Holy shit...it was brutal. Katharine thinks it's the adreniline rush. I hope that's it!! The second thing I wanted to know (and I do feel the need to number them) (2) Why would ANYONE want to drive through the middle of the desert (3) Do creepy weird people REALLY run gas stations in the middle of nowhere? (4) When someone is deformed because the government decides to perform nuclear testing in the desert...why are those deformed people ALWAYS axe wielding, flesh eating, cannibals (as opposed to plant eating cannibals)...and to top it off...they're rotten MEAN AND NASTY. Why couldn't they be friendly flesh eaters?

Apparently, this version of the movie was the UNRATED version. What exactly did they add to make it unrated?

Do you like scary movies and if you do...which one is your favorite?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like scary movies, especially the "Scary Movie" series.

Heide said...

Bambi had me quaking. I don't do scary movies, especially anything to do with satan, etc. Maybe it's because I attended a Baptist church during my formative years, but those movies scare the crap out of me. I just watched Herbie Fully Loaded the other day though, and it had a couple of nail-biting scenes.

Anonymous said...

I don’t like scary movies. They scare the shit out of me :(. I would never be able to sleep if I watched one. More power to those who enjoy/can handle them.

Anonymous said...

Jeff especially likes it when I watch scary movies and then keep him up at night because I can't sleep!