Saturday, April 26, 2008

My First McNugget Purchase in 5 Years OR My First McNugget Post Ever

At the McDonalds drive thru at 3AM, they do not have a full blown Mcdonaldy goodness menu for you to choose from. They have the "Limited Value Menu". Does that mean the menu is of limited value to the hungry visitor, or does it mean that the choices are limited. I think a little bit of both.

Oh, but let me start at the beginning...at 220AM I was hungry. I didn't even want McDonalds...I wanted pizza after a long fun night out, but pizza (aside from the kind that is sold off a vending cart) was nowhere to be found. I could have had sausage and peppers off of another vending cart, but a possible riot was erupting in front of that cart...some crazy fight over a girl that I paused to walk throught when I heard one of the fighting parties say, "just shoot this f*cker. shoot him."....and glass started breaking...and people starting removing their belts as weapons. What good is a weapon when your pants fall down? A fight over a girl who wasn't helping the situation AT ALL...almost encouraging the bloody battle that was about to begin. I should have called the police. Someone should have called the police. The was a police car parked across the street with nothing to do. And on the next street...and on the next. There is a fight in this area EVERY weekend night...why don't the police hang out around the sausage and peppers cart? Maybe they don't want to feed another stereotype like the donut one.

I know...you thought this was going to be a story about fake chicken pieces, but it's much much more. Anyway...late night and still hungry. All the bars had let out...I had to take the long way back to the car. I got to the car and the options were Dunkin Donuts or McDonalds...it was now 240AM. I pulled up to the 24 Dunkin Donuts...not really wanting donuts...there was a fried seafood place across the street that also appeared to be open, but a plate of fried clams at 3AM is never a good idea. The McDonalds sign flashed attractively in yellow and red...and that was the choice. A 10 piece chicken McNugget with sweet and sour sauce topped off the night. Gone in 10 minutes...that's a nugget a minute. Even though it was yummy and I was full, a 10 piece chicken McNugget is never a good idea at 3AM.

No comments: