Tuesday, April 22, 2008

My First New Whitesnake Album Since 1989

In 1989, while I was still in high school, I purchased my last Whitesnake album, "Slip of the Tongue". Nineteen years later, which was yesterday by the way, I felt the need to go out and buy the first Whitesnake album with original material in as many years, "Good to Be Bad". Is the title of the album saying that it's good because it's bad? I'm going to listen to it in the morning.

UPDATE: I haven't really had a chance to listen to this whole CD yet, but what I have heard sounds pretty good. If you were a fan of the original Whitesnake, then you'll probably enjoy this too. The big question is...what made Whitesnake come out of retirement for a CD and a tour? Besides money, that is. Maybe it's all about money. Maybe it's about fame. Maybe they just like to play music. I'll listen to this a few times all the way through before I make a judgement. I already noticed that one song is a reworked version of an old song with a new name. I like it.

I've been listening to more older music lately...bands that I used to like in the 80s and 90s. I remember when my parents would listen to old bands that they used to like and I swore that I would always "keep up with the times" and always like current music. I like SOME new music, but basically what's happening is what I swore would never happen. I'm buying music like "Who Can it Be Now", "Abracadabra", and I shudder to tell you that I've browsed the Michael Jackson "Thirller" section. I know...I know... Did I mention I just bought a Whitesnake CD?

No comments: