Friday, April 11, 2008

World Wrestling Entertainment Presents Smackdown and ECW Live in Boston

On Tuesday night, Katharine and I went to our second ever live WWE wrestling event. The first time we went last year, we had floor seats right on the entrance ramp where all the superstars walked right by us. This time, we were still in great seats with a better view of the ring and ringside area so you didn't miss any battles fought on the floor.

The show started with Tuesday night's ECW broadcast and ECW Champion, and Katharine's favorite of all the superstars, Kane entered the ring to sign a contract for his first title defense at the next pay per view. His signature entrance explosions were...well, see for yourself.

If you've never seen the shows on TV or been to a live event, there are lots of signs that people bring with you and we were no exception. Katharine's sign said "Kane lights my fire". Witty...I know...I wrote it for her myself. And no, Kane doesn't light MY fire, it was totally Katharine's sign. A funny story...so she had me carry her sign through security where they check all the bags, and check you over for metal objects, and where they review your signs to make sure there are no inapropriate statements written on them that might get on TV. As I mentioned before...I was carrying the "Kane lights my fire" sign, which they checked at security. I don't think I need to tell the rest of the story. Awkward. :-) At least Kane saw the sign when Katharine was holding it up.

Anyway...I'm not going to review the whole show. If you want to watch it, you'll watch it...or you already watched it. ECW aired on Tuesday, but Friday Night Smackdown airs tonight. The Highlights were all the pyro, the energy of the crowds that get involved in the show, the entrances of The Undertaker, Kane, Batista, Shawn Michaels, Finlay, and Hornswoggle...it's all pretty entertaining if you don't take it too seriously.

And yeah, I put the pictures out of order in case anyone hasn't seen Smackdown yet!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I didn't think I knew anyone that actually watched fake wrestling! I can't believe you're a fan of this, and pay money to see such hyped-up absurdity!! You're going to have to make it up to me somehow. This character flaw of yours. Maybe you should take me out to lunch...

Crankipantz said...

You've obviously never watched it. The outcome may be planned, but the action is pretty damn good...you can't fake a jump off a 20 foot ladder onto another person laying across a table. No way.

Sorry...all my lunch money is tied up in WWE merchandise. You would have to pay.

Anonymous said...

Ha ha. I don't need to watch it. I caught a glimpse of WWF once (that must have been before it became WWE) and that was enough!

Anonymous said...

Wrestling is the BEST! How can you NOT like a show that has blinding fireworks, cheering, awesome music, and KANE! I mean seriously... KANE is there.. and Kane kicks MAJOR ASS!!! Mix in some cheering fans and you've got a win win situation. Plus baseball is freakin' BORING!! Oh god I'd rather poke my eyes out with a hot poker than watch it!!!