Sunday, January 02, 2011

Welcome to 2011

Techincally I can't welcome you to 2011 since I didn't get here before you did, but I'll do it anyway.

Another year has past...another decade has past, and it's time for the obligatory Happy New Year blog post. Hopefully this will be the start of regular posting, but I won't make a resolution out of it. No resolutions. Sure, there are things I want to do this year...but to call them resolutions, would be a bit foolish since most people don't keep their New Year's Resolutions past January 12th. I said MOST people, so don't go getting all uptight and defensive if you plan to keep yours. Good for you. {golf clap}.

So what do I plan to do with this year? I mean personal projects, hobbies, and interests...I won't go into life planning or anything that exciting. Not for this post anyway.
  • Update this blog more than once a year. More like once a week would be better. Once every few days ideal if I can think of interesting things to say or share.
  • Cartoons. I haven't worked on a real cartoon story for over a year, and I need to change that. It's my creative outlet. Maybe get going on my 5th animated short. It's a musical. Yeah, I hate musicals too, but it's going to be fun to make. Maybe more fun to make than it is to watch.
  • I need to eat better. This isn't a "weight loss" thing as much as it is a "feeling better" thing. Sure, who doesn't want to lose a few pounds here and there, but I just want to feel good. Maybe throw in a little exercise, even if it's just walking a track a couple/few days a week.
  • I've got some shows to wrap up that I've been ignoring on DVD. Already own them...need to watch them.
  • Step it up and add to my ever growing list of karaoke songs. Up to 89 right now I believe...and growing. If you got any good song ideas, let me know. I'll be posting my current list in a day or two for the world to see. And check out my YouTube videos if you want to see any of them performed live. Some of them are up there...some are not.
  • And while I'm on the subject of music; I need to discover some new music.
  • And just plain old have more fun because, why not?

That sounds like enough for now I think. I'm sure there are more things I'd like to do and I have plenty of time to write about them this year. There are definitely many other things I need to do or need to work on that impact other people, but like I said...I'm sticking to personal hobbies and interests here.

What personal projects are you planning to work on this year?

No comments: