Wednesday, April 18, 2007

I Really, Really, Really, Really, Really Hate Cars

It was a cold, windy, and rainy day in New England on Marathon Monday. I was not running the marathon, but I did get my share of foot travel. I went out to get some dinner a few miles from my house...it was a short trip. I didn't see the need to wear a coat...I was in the car. Did I mention it was cold? As I approached the plaza where the restaurant was, the car skipped a beat. COUGH. "What was that," I asked myself silently as Katharine asked the same thing aloud. We rolled to a light and the car stopped. I started it again and rolled just far enough to get to the dinner location of choice and that was pretty much the last time I would drive my card for a day and a half.

Here's the culprit...a crank shaft sensor that apparently failed and forced us to walk home from where we had driven to. It wouldn't have been a horrible walk if either one of us had jackets on? I think I mentioned earlier that we didn't. It was cold too! See where this is going? Luckily it only took the next day to fix and didn't cost a fortune...double good that the place I brought it to didn't rip me off. They offered to give me the old part but I wouldn't know a crank shaft sensor from any other part in the engine so I declined. It was a greasy part...I take their word for it that it was broken. The car works now, that's all I care.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You forgot to mention how some friend didn't give you a ride home, trotting out some lame excuse about being 40 minutes away.

With friends like this...

Or perhaps you are simply drawing a tactful veil of silence over such disgraceful neglect.

Mr Knightley