Wednesday, April 19, 2006

The Priceline Guy Picked a Good One

The fourth installment of the William Shatner DVD Club arrived in my mailbox...a movie called "Close Your Eyes", created by BBC movies and originally released in 2002 as "Doctor Sleep".

Since BBC movies (in my opinion) are usually crap...I was skeptical. I thought it was going to suck. I decided that I would watch this one alone since the last two William Shatner picks made Katharine angry...Especially that piece of shit "King of the Ants". I sat down on the floor in my living room while I waited for my new sofa delivery on Tuesday, and I watched. The only recognizable actor in the movie is that guy from ER...you know who I mean. The cheap special effects at the beginning had me worried that I was wasting yet another hour and a half of my life, and then I remembered it was a BBC movie and I should have expected cheap special effects. I must say, that I was pleasantly surprised. It was a good movie. This is why I signed up for the DVD club in the first place...to see good movies that I would probably never rent or buy. So...one and half thumbs up for this movie...I wonder if Roger Ebert liked it.

No comments: