Yesterday, I attended the 110th running of the
Boston Marathon...let me repeat that...I
ATTENDED...I
DID NOT run. If you know me at all...I didn't have to tell you that. No...I couldn't get myself motivated to
WALK 26 miles...nevermind run it. I must say that I was impressed by all the people running by....a few pushing wheelchairs and a couple of people juggling as they ran. I took an aerobics class once and I couldn't coordinate all that...two of the guys running were juggling. Some of them weren't even breathing heavy and I was standing at mile 19.

So, here's the hard part...for me. A group of us went to see a friend run...we thought it would be easy to spot her...a single person in a sea of 20,000 runners. We didn't anticipate crowds in the hundreds running by all at once. Look away for a second and we'd miss her. Our eyes scanned the crowd...and scanned...and scanned. We didn't know where in the crowd she'd be or what color she was wearing. You see...we're not that bright...we didn't ask.
Have you ever stared into one of those
"Magic Eye" pictures for so long that the back of your eyes hurt? That's what this was like and we finally found her...oh...and there she went...zipping by!
You'd think we were done after that, but it took some careful planning to cross the marathon road to get to the other side. Have you ever played the videogame Frogger? Now I've lived it.
1 comment:
That's about as close to a marathon as I'd ever like to get! Tell your friend congratulations from someone on the west coast. I'm holding a contest at my blog, but seeing how the prizes are hand dyed sock yarn I don't know if you'd be interested in participating! Hope you are all well.
Post a Comment